- GILD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.7 billion.
- GILD traded 96,746 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:34 AM.
- GILD is up 3.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GILD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GILD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GILD: Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, South America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. GILD has a PE ratio of 18.8. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gilead has been 14.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gilead has a market cap of $160.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 42.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- GILD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 42.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 117.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, GILEAD SCIENCES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GILEAD SCIENCES INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.66%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 45.20% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 255.31% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.75% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GILD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.