- ANDE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.8 million.
- ANDE has traded 151,293 shares today.
- ANDE is up 3.1% today.
- ANDE was down 18.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANDE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANDE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANDE: The Andersons, Inc. is engaged in the grain, ethanol, plant nutrient, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing businesses. It operates in six segments: Grain, Ethanol, Rail, Plant Nutrient, Turf & Specialty, and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. ANDE has a PE ratio of 15.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Andersons a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Andersons has been 268,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Andersons has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.47 days to cover. Shares are down 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- ANDERSONS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANDERSONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.18 versus $2.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.34 versus $3.18).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that ANDE's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.62, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ANDERSONS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Andersons Ratings Report.