- MWE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.7 million.
- MWE has traded 268,119 shares today.
- MWE is trading at 3.84 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MWE crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MWE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MWE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MWE: MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. is engaged in the gathering, processing, and transportation of natural gas. The company is also engaged in the gathering, transportation, fractionation, storage, and marketing of natural gas liquids; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.2%. MWE has a PE ratio of 140.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate MarkWest Energy Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for MarkWest Energy Partners has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. MarkWest Energy has a market cap of $12.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.25 days to cover. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MarkWest Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 164.11% to $244.45 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.46%.
- 39.55% is the gross profit margin for MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.73% trails the industry average.
- MWE's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.77 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.85 is weak.
- MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $0.21 versus $1.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus $0.21).
- You can view the full MarkWest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.