- MRC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.1 million.
- MRC has traded 341,828 shares today.
- MRC is trading at 11.16 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MRC is trading at a new high 5.10% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MRC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MRC NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MRC GLOBAL INC's earnings per share declined by 11.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MRC GLOBAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.49 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.49).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, MRC GLOBAL INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Trading Companies & Distributors industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $43.85 million to $39.30 million.
- You can view the full MRC Global Ratings Report.