- TRV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $250.0 million.
- TRV has traded 19,393 shares today.
- TRV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRV: The Travelers Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various commercial and personal property, and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. TRV has a PE ratio of 9.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Travelers Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Travelers Companies has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Travelers Companies has a market cap of $33.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.55 days to cover. Shares are up 12.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Travelers Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TRV's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although TRV's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.25 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, TRAVELERS COS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TRAVELERS COS INC has improved earnings per share by 16.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRAVELERS COS INC increased its bottom line by earning $9.74 versus $6.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.90 versus $9.74).
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.