- PII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.2 million.
- PII has traded 6,248 shares today.
- PII is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PII NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PII: Polaris Industries Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets off-road vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and small vehicles in the United States, Canada, and Western Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. PII has a PE ratio of 24.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Polaris Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Polaris Industries has been 682,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Polaris has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 7.2% with 6.22 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Polaris Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC has improved earnings per share by 25.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.40 versus $4.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.62 versus $5.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Leisure Equipment & Products industry average. The net income increased by 24.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $113.14 million to $140.83 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Leisure Equipment & Products industry and the overall market, POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- PII's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.42 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Polaris Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.