- OZRK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.5 million.
- OZRK has traded 2,592 shares today.
- OZRK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OZRK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OZRK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OZRK: Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Bank of the Ozarks that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services. The company accepts various deposits products, such as checking, savings, money market, time deposit, and individual retirement accounts. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. OZRK has a PE ratio of 25.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Bank of the Ozarks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bank of the Ozarks has been 435,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of the Ozarks has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 9.8% with 18.67 days to cover. Shares are up 24.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has improved earnings per share by 31.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.20 versus $1.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.51 versus $1.20).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 43.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $22.35 million to $32.09 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 38.98% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Bank of the Ozarks Ratings Report.