- FDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.3 million.
- FDS has traded 1,213 shares today.
- FDS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FDS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FDS: FactSet Research Systems Inc. provides integrated financial information and analytical applications to investment community in the United States, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. FDS has a PE ratio of 26.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate FactSet Research Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for FactSet Research Systems has been 279,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. FactSet Research Systems has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.56 and a short float of 13.5% with 18.41 days to cover. Shares are up 22.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FactSet Research Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 12.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.93 versus $4.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.49 versus $4.93).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry average. The net income increased by 8.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $50.96 million to $55.41 million.
- FDS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 26.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FDS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, FDS has a quick ratio of 1.78, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full FactSet Research Systems Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.