- ZNGA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.2 million.
- ZNGA traded 2.0 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:55 AM, representing 14.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ZNGA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ZNGA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ZNGA: Zynga Inc. develops, markets, and operates online social games as live services played on the Internet, social networking sites, and mobile platforms in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Zynga a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Zynga has been 19.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Zynga has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.62 and a short float of 8.7% with 4.64 days to cover. Shares are down 40.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Zynga as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 295.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$15.81 million to -$62.53 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ZYNGA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 33.15%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 250.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 26.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 33.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ZYNGA INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.60%. Regardless of ZNGA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ZNGA's net profit margin of -40.80% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Zynga Ratings Report.