- GG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $212.8 million.
- GG traded 12,110 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:39 AM.
- GG is up 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GG: Goldcorp Inc. is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and operation of precious metal properties in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central and South America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Goldcorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goldcorp has been 6.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goldcorp has a market cap of $15.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goldcorp as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 44.15% is the gross profit margin for GOLDCORP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.97% is above that of the industry average.
- GG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.17 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.91 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- GG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 29.38%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GOLDCORP INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.