- FSLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.4 million.
- FSLR is down 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FSLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FSLR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FSLR: First Solar, Inc. provides solar energy solutions worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Components and Systems. FSLR has a PE ratio of 14.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate First Solar a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for First Solar has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Solar has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.25 and a short float of 12.3% with 4.42 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Solar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FSLR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- FSLR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, FSLR has a quick ratio of 1.80, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST SOLAR INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.55%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.83% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 86.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $33.60 million to $4.53 million.
- You can view the full First Solar Ratings Report.