- GPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $169.3 million.
- GPS is up 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GPS: The Gap, Inc. operates as an apparel retail company worldwide. It provides apparel, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, Athleta, and Intermix brands. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. GPS has a PE ratio of 13.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Gap a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gap has been 4.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gap has a market cap of $16.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.65 and a short float of 3.2% with 1.81 days to cover. Shares are down 4.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- GPS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, GAP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 9.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $303.00 million to $332.00 million.
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.