- VRNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.0 million.
- VRNT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- VRNT has a PE ratio of 51.4.
- VRNT is mentioned 1.17 times per day on StockTwits.
- VRNT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- VRNT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- VRNT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- VRNT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- VRNT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VRNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VRNT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on VRNT: Verint Systems Inc. provides Actionable Intelligence solutions and value-added services worldwide. VRNT has a PE ratio of 51.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Verint Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Verint Systems has been 465,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Verint Systems has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 5.2% with 7.10 days to cover. Shares are up 34.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Verint Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VRNT's share price has jumped by 53.81%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 26.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- VERINT SYSTEMS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VERINT SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.99 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.42 versus $0.99).
- VRNT's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.72 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.10 is sturdy.
- The gross profit margin for VERINT SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.17%. Regardless of VRNT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VRNT's net profit margin of -4.43% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Verint Systems Ratings Report.