- SGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.3 million.
- SGEN has traded 634,706 shares today.
- SGEN traded in a range 223.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.44.
- SGEN traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 21 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 21 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SGEN: Seattle Genetics, Inc., a biotechnology company, develops and commercializes antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Seattle Genetics a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seattle Genetics has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seattle has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Seattle Genetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SEATTLE GENETICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEATTLE GENETICS INC reported poor results of -$0.52 versus -$0.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 55.8% in earnings (-$0.81 versus -$0.52).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 155.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.90 million to -$17.59 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SEATTLE GENETICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The share price of SEATTLE GENETICS INC has not done very well: it is down 11.68% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 41.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Seattle Genetics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.