- RXN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.5 million.
- RXN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- RXN has a PE ratio of 106.7.
- RXN is mentioned 0.57 times per day on StockTwits.
- RXN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- RXN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- RXN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- RXN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- RXN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RXN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RXN NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RXN: Rexnord Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, and services process and motion control, and water management products worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Process & Motion Control Platform and Water Management Platform. RXN has a PE ratio of 106.7. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Rexnord a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Rexnord has been 722,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rexnord has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.53 and a short float of 6.3% with 7.48 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rexnord as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 123.44% to $6.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, REXNORD CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.57%.
- 38.13% is the gross profit margin for REXNORD CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of RXN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.37% trails the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, REXNORD CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry average. The net income has decreased by 12.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $13.80 million to $12.10 million.
- You can view the full Rexnord Ratings Report.