- NVAX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.6 million.
- NVAX has traded 70,800 shares today.
- NVAX is up 3.5% today.
- NVAX was down 7.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NVAX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NVAX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NVAX: Novavax, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing recombinant protein nanoparticle vaccines and adjuvants. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Novavax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Novavax has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Novavax has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.67 and a short float of 20.2% with 5.08 days to cover. Shares are up 8.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Novavax as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 41.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$12.63 million to -$17.86 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$10.94 million or 43.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 43.33%, NOVAVAX INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -49.44%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, NOVAVAX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NOVAVAX INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.04%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NVAX's net profit margin of -216.29% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- NOVAVAX INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOVAVAX INC reported poor results of -$0.31 versus -$0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.28 versus -$0.31).
- You can view the full Novavax Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.