- KATE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.6 million.
- KATE has traded 908,806 shares today.
- KATE traded in a range 359.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.01.
- KATE traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 57 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 57 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KATE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KATE NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, KATE SPADE & CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 48.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for KATE SPADE & CO is rather high; currently it is at 58.61%. Regardless of KATE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KATE's net profit margin of -1.65% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 5.27 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, KATE maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.90, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Kate Spade Ratings Report.