- IAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.7 million.
- IAG has traded 1.5 million shares today.
- IAG is trading at 3.65 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- IAG is trading at a new high 10.20% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IAG: IAMGOLD Corporation explores, develops, and operates gold mining properties. The company also explores for silver, niobium, and copper deposits. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Iamgold a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Iamgold has been 7.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Iamgold has a market cap of $689.5 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 54.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Iamgold as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, IAMGOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for IAMGOLD CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.16%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -5.54% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- IAG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 63.71%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- IAMGOLD CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, IAMGOLD CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.21 versus $0.89 in the prior year.
- IAG, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Iamgold Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.