- FDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $310.3 million.
- FDX has traded 36,740 shares today.
- FDX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FDX: FedEx Corporation provides transportation, e-commerce, and business services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. FDX has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate FedEx a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for FedEx has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FedEx has a market cap of $47.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 1.2% with 1.75 days to cover. Shares are up 16.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FedEx as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- FEDEX CORP has improved earnings per share by 37.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FEDEX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.79 versus $4.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.00 versus $6.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry average. The net income increased by 23.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $489.00 million to $606.00 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, FEDEX CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full FedEx Ratings Report.