- CST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.6 million.
- CST has traded 1,324 shares today.
- CST is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CST NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CST: CST Brands, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an independent retailer of motor fuel and convenience merchandise items in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. CST has a PE ratio of 24.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates CST Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for CST Brands has been 565,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. CST has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CST Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CST's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CST BRANDS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CST BRANDS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 4.06%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.16% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $124.00 million or 68.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full CST Brands Ratings Report.