- CPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.0 million.
- CPN has traded 16,309 shares today.
- CPN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CPN: Calpine Corporation, a wholesale power generation company, owns and operates natural gas-fired and geothermal power plants in North America. It operates natural gas-fired combustion turbines and renewable geothermal conventional steam turbines. CPN has a PE ratio of 31.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Calpine a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Calpine has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Calpine has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.71 and a short float of 3.3% with 3.33 days to cover. Shares are up 19.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Calpine as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Independent Power Producers & Energy Traders industry. The net income increased by 298.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$70.00 million to $139.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1355.55% to $226.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CALPINE CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.58%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Independent Power Producers & Energy Traders industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CALPINE CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Calpine Ratings Report.