- AGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $533.1 million.
- AGN has traded 21,570 shares today.
- AGN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGN: Allergan, Inc. operates as a multi-specialty health care company primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. AGN has a PE ratio of 36.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Allergan a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Allergan has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Allergan has a market cap of $57.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.65 days to cover. Shares are up 75.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Allergan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.30, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.29, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AGN's share price has jumped by 107.42%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AGN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALLERGAN INC's earnings per share declined by 6.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLERGAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.20 versus $3.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.29 versus $4.20).
- The gross profit margin for ALLERGAN INC is currently very high, coming in at 87.09%. Regardless of AGN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.19% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.