- GNW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.2 million.
- GNW traded 2.0 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:54 AM, representing 56.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GNW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GNW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GNW: Genworth Financial, Inc., a financial services company, provides insurance, investment, and financial solutions in the United States and internationally. It operates through U.S. Life Insurance, International Mortgage Insurance, U.S. GNW has a PE ratio of 10.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Genworth Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Genworth Financial has been 4.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Genworth Financial has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 2.54 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.22 days to cover. Shares are down 10.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC has improved earnings per share by 29.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.15 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.22 versus $1.15).
- GNW's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.43, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GENWORTH FINANCIAL INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.