- AZN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $114.0 million.
- AZN traded 166,596 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:54 AM, representing 10.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AZN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AZN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AZN: AstraZeneca PLC is engaged in the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines for cardiovascular and metabolic disease; oncology; respiratory, inflammation, and autoimmunity; and infection, neuroscience, and gastrointestinal disease areas worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. AZN has a PE ratio of 35.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate AstraZeneca a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for AstraZeneca has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AstraZeneca has a market cap of $91.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 23.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AstraZeneca as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AZN's share price has jumped by 35.52%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AZN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,079.00 million or 29.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ASTRAZENECA PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -65.17%.
- The gross profit margin for ASTRAZENECA PLC is currently very high, coming in at 91.52%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.57% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full AstraZeneca Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.