- GRPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $208.9 million.
- GRPN has traded 15.7 million shares today.
- GRPN is down 3.1% today.
- GRPN was up 6.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GRPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GRPN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GRPN: Groupon, Inc. operates online local commerce marketplaces that connect merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount worldwide. It also offers deals on products for which it acts as the merchant of record. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Groupon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Groupon has been 14.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Groupon has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 33.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Groupon as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 202.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.57 million to -$22.88 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, GROUPON INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$22.75 million or 152.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 34.47%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 200.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- GROUPON INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GROUPON INC reported poor results of -$0.14 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.08 versus -$0.14).
- You can view the full Groupon Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.