- SHLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.9 million.
- SHLD has traded 821,799 shares today.
- SHLD is down 3.1% today.
- SHLD was up 7.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHLD: Sears Holdings Corporation operates as a retailer in the United States and Canada. The average volume for Sears Holdings has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sears has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 3.99 and a short float of 65.1% with 10.33 days to cover. Shares are down 26.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sears Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 195.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$194.00 million to -$573.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 8.41 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.17, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, SEARS HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEARS HOLDINGS CORP is rather low; currently it is at 21.74%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.15% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$187.00 million or 9250.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Sears Holdings Ratings Report.