- NEE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $218.0 million.
- NEE traded 20,042 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- NEE is up 2.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NEE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NEE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NEE: NextEra Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company generates electricity from gas, oil, solar, coal, petroleum coke, and nuclear sources. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. NEE has a PE ratio of 21.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate NextEra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for NextEra Energy has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NextEra Energy has a market cap of $43.7 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 3.6% with 7.48 days to cover. Shares are up 17.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 41.81% is the gross profit margin for NEXTERA ENERGY INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.18% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,520.00 million or 33.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.22%.
- NEXTERA ENERGY INC's earnings per share declined by 8.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEXTERA ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $3.93 versus $4.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.30 versus $3.93).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.