- MMM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $526.8 million.
- MMM has traded 1,004 shares today.
- MMM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MMM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MMM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MMM: 3M Company operates as a diversified technology company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. MMM has a PE ratio of 21.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate 3M a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for 3M has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. 3M has a market cap of $98.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 1.8% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates 3M as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MMM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 3M CO has improved earnings per share by 11.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, 3M CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.72 versus $6.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.48 versus $6.72).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Industrial Conglomerates industry and the overall market, 3M CO's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,711.00 million or 48.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, 3M CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -49.12%.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.