- ABC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $241.7 million.
- ABC has traded 400 shares today.
- ABC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABC: AmerisourceBergen Corporation sources and distributes pharmaceutical products to healthcare providers, pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers, and specialty drug patients in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. ABC has a PE ratio of 70.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate AmerisourceBergen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for AmerisourceBergen has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AmerisourceBergen has a market cap of $19.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 3.2% with 2.73 days to cover. Shares are up 23.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AmerisourceBergen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ABC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 19.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 32.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $51.02 million to $67.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 2784.82% to $830.66 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.60%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.08% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP has improved earnings per share by 31.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP reported lower earnings of $1.20 versus $2.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.41 versus $1.20).
- You can view the full AmerisourceBergen Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.