Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Iridium Communications (IRDM) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Hold to Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC (IRDM) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- IRDM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.90, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.18, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, IRDM's share price has jumped by 86.44%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, IRDM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.59%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.96% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $62.14 million or 40.99% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, IRIDIUM COMMUNICATIONS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -18.01%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IRDM Ratings Report