- SHPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $441.4 million.
- SHPG traded 16,679 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:42 AM.
- SHPG is up 3.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHPG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHPG: Shire plc, a biopharmaceutical company, together with its subsidiaries, researches, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells pharmaceutical products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. SHPG has a PE ratio of 54.3. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Shire a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Shire has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Shire has a market cap of $39.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 39.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Shire as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 66.24% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 50.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- SHIRE PLC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SHIRE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $7.37 versus $3.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.62 versus $7.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 72.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $278.20 million to $479.70 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SHIRE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.