Analysts expect Fox to report earnings of 36 cents a share and revenue of $6.25 billion for the fiscal first quarter. The company reported earnings of 33 cents a share in the year-ago quarter, missing analysts' estimates of 35 cents a share. Fox reported revenue of $7.06 billion for revenue in the year-ago quarter, beating analysts' estimates of $6.82 billion.
In the fiscal fourth quarter Twenty-First Century Fox reported earnings of 42 cents a share and revenue of $8.42 billion, beating analysts' estimates of earnings of 38 cents a share and revenue of $7.98 billion.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC (FOXA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- FOXA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 369.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$371.00 million to $999.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 212.91% to $1,346.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.58%.
- TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX INC reported lower earnings of $1.66 versus $2.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.44 versus $1.66).
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.09, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Media industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.34 is sturdy.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FOXA Ratings Report