- MTZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.3 million.
- MTZ has traded 139,246 shares today.
- MTZ is trading at 3.85 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MTZ is trading at a new low 4.06% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTZ NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 538.94% to $75.71 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MASTEC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.00%.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Construction & Engineering industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $34.94 million to $32.05 million.
- MASTEC INC's earnings per share declined by 11.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MASTEC INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.74 versus $1.43 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.1% in earnings ($1.57 versus $1.74).
- You can view the full MasTec Ratings Report.