- LVS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $367.2 million.
- LVS has traded 868,285 shares today.
- LVS is trading at 2.73 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- LVS is trading at a new low 3.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LVS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LVS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LVS: Las Vegas Sands Corp. develops, owns, and operates integrated resorts in Asia and the United States. The company owns and operates The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, Sands Cotai Central, the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, the Plaza Casino, and the Sands Macao in Macau, the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. LVS has a PE ratio of 19.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Las Vegas Sands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Las Vegas Sands has been 6.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Las Vegas Sands has a market cap of $50.1 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 2.06 and a short float of 5.4% with 3.78 days to cover. Shares are down 20.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Las Vegas Sands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.79 versus $1.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.55 versus $2.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 7.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $626.74 million to $671.71 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- LVS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 13.79% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full Las Vegas Sands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.