- HMSY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.9 million.
- HMSY has traded 74,503 shares today.
- HMSY is trading at 3.10 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HMSY is trading at a new high 3.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HMSY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HMSY NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $26.23 million or 31.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, HMS HOLDINGS CORP's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 34.78%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Technology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $10.42 million to $6.04 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Technology industry and the overall market, HMS HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full HMS Holdings Ratings Report.