- SPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $272.9 million.
- SPG has traded 29,413 shares today.
- SPG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPG: Simon Property Group, Inc. is an equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across the globe. It engages in investment, ownership, and management of properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. SPG has a PE ratio of 37.3. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Simon Property Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Simon Property Group has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Simon Property Group has a market cap of $55.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 2.2% with 4.04 days to cover. Shares are up 17.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.59% trails the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 9.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $3.86 versus $4.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.58 versus $3.86).
- You can view the full Simon Property Group Ratings Report.