- EXR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.8 million.
- EXR has traded 5,282 shares today.
- EXR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXR: Extra Space Storage, Inc. operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. It engages in property management and development activities that include acquiring, managing, developing, and selling, as well as the rental of self-storage facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. EXR has a PE ratio of 31.1. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Extra Space Storage a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Extra Space Storage has been 680,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Extra Space has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.64 days to cover. Shares are up 38% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Extra Space Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 85.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $29.25 million to $54.23 million.
- 47.72% is the gross profit margin for EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.54% is above that of the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EXTRA SPACE STORAGE INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Extra Space Storage Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.