- EXPD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.2 million.
- EXPD has traded 83,036 shares today.
- EXPD traded in a range 219.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.78.
- EXPD traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 98 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 98 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPD NOW at Trade-Ideas
- EXPD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- EXPD has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, EXPD has a quick ratio of 2.29, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, EXPEDITORS INTL WASH INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- EXPEDITORS INTL WASH INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EXPEDITORS INTL WASH INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.85 versus $1.70).
- You can view the full Expeditors International of Washington Ratings Report.