- SALE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.4 million.
- SALE traded 163,205 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM, representing 13.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SALE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SALE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SALE: RetailMeNot, Inc. operates a digital coupon marketplace. Its marketplace connects consumers with retailers and brands. SALE has a PE ratio of 42.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate RetailMeNot a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for RetailMeNot has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. RetailMeNot has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are down 26.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RetailMeNot as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at the price performance of SALE's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 38.39%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has decreased by 15.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $5.12 million to $4.33 million.
- RETAILMENOT INC's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.86 versus $0.47).
- When compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, RETAILMENOT INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RETAILMENOT INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.69%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.26% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full RetailMeNot Ratings Report.