- AMG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.3 million.
- AMG has traded 443,302 shares today.
- AMG traded in a range 205.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $9.72.
- AMG traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 6 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 6 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMG: Affiliated Managers Group, Inc., through its affiliates, operates as an asset management company providing investment management services to mutual funds, institutional clients, and high net worth individuals in the United States. It provides advisory or subadvisory services to mutual funds. AMG has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Affiliated Managers Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Affiliated Managers Group has been 401,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Affiliated Managers Group has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.45 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.31 days to cover. Shares are down 7.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Affiliated Managers Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.49 versus $3.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.66 versus $6.49).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 54.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $64.70 million to $100.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for AFFILIATED MANAGERS GRP INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.54%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.71% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Affiliated Managers Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.