- WMGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.0 million.
- WMGI has traded 431,774 shares today.
- WMGI is trading at 2.10 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WMGI crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WMGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WMGI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WMGI: Wright Medical Group, Inc., a specialty orthopaedic company, provides extremity and biologic solutions that enable clinicians to alleviate pain and restore their patients' lifestyles. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Wright Medical Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Wright Medical Group has been 786,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Wright Medical Group has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.50 and a short float of 14.4% with 3.48 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Wright Medical Group as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 224.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$17.33 million to -$56.23 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, WRIGHT MEDICAL GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$24.35 million or 322.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- WRIGHT MEDICAL GROUP INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WRIGHT MEDICAL GROUP INC reported poor results of -$6.02 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.34 versus -$6.02).
- The gross profit margin for WRIGHT MEDICAL GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.56%. Regardless of WMGI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, WMGI's net profit margin of -77.69% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Wright Medical Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.