- THC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72.5 million.
- THC has traded 123,563 shares today.
- THC is trading at 2.40 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- THC is trading at a new high 3.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THC: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, an investor-owned health care services company, primarily operates acute care hospitals and related health care facilities in the United States. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenet Healthcare has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 9.8% with 6.43 days to cover. Shares are up 33.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- THC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 66.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- TENET HEALTHCARE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$1.20 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.42 versus -$1.20).
- The gross profit margin for TENET HEALTHCARE CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.38%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.64% trails that of the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 15.99 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, THC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.77, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.