- AFOP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.6 million.
- AFOP has traded 76,155 shares today.
- AFOP is trading at 4.00 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AFOP is trading at a new high 4.26% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AFOP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AFOP NOW at Trade-Ideas
- AFOP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.17, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 43.58% is the gross profit margin for ALLIANCE FIBER OPTIC PRODUCT which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 23.77% trails the industry average.
- ALLIANCE FIBER OPTIC PRODUCT's earnings per share declined by 23.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANCE FIBER OPTIC PRODUCT increased its bottom line by earning $1.01 versus $0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.29 versus $1.01).
- AFOP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 21.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Alliance Fiber Optic Products Ratings Report.