- SHW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $195.9 million.
- SHW has traded 7,935 shares today.
- SHW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHW: The Sherwin-Williams Company is engaged in the development, manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. SHW has a PE ratio of 26.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Sherwin-Williams a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sherwin-Williams has been 538,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sherwin-Williams has a market cap of $21.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.52 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.13 days to cover. Shares are up 22.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- SHW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO has improved earnings per share by 31.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO increased its bottom line by earning $7.26 versus $6.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.77 versus $7.26).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 24.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $262.97 million to $326.24 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 48.27% is the gross profit margin for SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.35% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Ratings Report.