- BIN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.3 million.
- BIN has traded 4,759 shares today.
- BIN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIN: Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. operates as a vertically integrated non-hazardous solid waste management company in North America. It operates through three segments: the U.S. South, the U.S. Northeast, and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. BIN has a PE ratio of 24.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Progressive Waste Solutions a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Progressive Waste Solutions has been 194,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Progressive Waste has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. Shares are up 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Progressive Waste Solutions as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS has improved earnings per share by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS increased its bottom line by earning $1.01 versus $0.81 in the prior year.
- 37.74% is the gross profit margin for PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS which we consider to be strong. Regardless of BIN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.95% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 26.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $32.29 million to $40.85 million.
- In its most recent trading session, BIN has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Progressive Waste Solutions Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.