- FMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.9 million.
- FMC is down 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FMC: FMC Corporation, a diversified chemical company, provides solutions, applications, and products for agricultural, industrial, environmental, and consumer markets. It operates in three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. FMC has a PE ratio of 17.3. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate FMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for FMC Corporation has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FMC has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 2.5% with 1.71 days to cover. Shares are down 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FMC Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FMC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FMC CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FMC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.31 versus $3.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.16 versus $3.31).
- 39.61% is the gross profit margin for FMC CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FMC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FMC's net profit margin of 11.04% compares favorably to the industry average.
- FMC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.95 is weak.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FMC CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full FMC Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.