- HUN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $151.9 million.
- HUN has traded 118,052 shares today.
- HUN is up 3.8% today.
- HUN was down 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HUN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HUN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HUN: Huntsman Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells differentiated organic and inorganic chemical products worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Polyurethanes, Performance Products, Advanced Materials, Textile Effects, and Pigments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HUN has a PE ratio of 20.7. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Huntsman a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Huntsman has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Huntsman has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 2.23 and a short float of 5.9% with 1.88 days to cover. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Huntsman as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 153.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $47.00 million to $119.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- HUNTSMAN CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUNTSMAN CORP reported lower earnings of $0.54 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.05 versus $0.54).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, HUNTSMAN CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Huntsman Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.