- HSNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.6 million.
- HSNI has traded 7,090 shares today.
- HSNI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSNI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSNI: HSN, Inc. operates as an interactive multi-channel retailer in the United States. It operates through two segments, HSN and Cornerstone. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. HSNI has a PE ratio of 21.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate HSN a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HSN has been 242,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. HSN has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 6.4% with 6.42 days to cover. Shares are up 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HSN as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HSNI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, HSN INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 163.77% to $36.88 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HSN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.00%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full HSN Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.