- BCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $115.2 million.
- BCR has traded 11,779 shares today.
- BCR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BCR: C. R. Bard, Inc. designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. BCR has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate CR Bard a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for CR Bard has been 524,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. CR Bard has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 3.4% with 3.26 days to cover. Shares are up 17.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CR Bard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BCR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 40.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $93.20 million to $131.30 million.
- The gross profit margin for BARD (C.R.) INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.47%. Regardless of BCR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BCR's net profit margin of 15.81% compares favorably to the industry average.
- BARD (C.R.) INC has improved earnings per share by 47.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BARD (C.R.) INC increased its bottom line by earning $8.48 versus $6.16 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.4% in earnings ($8.36 versus $8.48).
- You can view the full CR Bard Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.