- TROW has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 0.74 mentions/day.
- TROW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $158.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TROW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TROW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TROW: T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company. The firm primarily provides its services to individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. TROW has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate T. Rowe Price Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for T. Rowe Price Group has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. T. Rowe Price Group has a market cap of $20.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.29 and a short float of 3% with 3.63 days to cover. Shares are down 8.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates T. Rowe Price Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TROW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP has improved earnings per share by 22.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP increased its bottom line by earning $3.89 versus $3.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.54 versus $3.89).
- The gross profit margin for PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP is rather high; currently it is at 50.91%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.06% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 23.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $247.80 million to $305.80 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full T. Rowe Price Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.